I will start posting again

Monday, December 20, 2010

I have not blogged for a while. My last post was from june 2010. The reason was simple I invested my time in something else.

In april 2010 I was hospitalized for one week. The doctors diagnosed diverticulitis. It is a disease that is more often diagnosed on older men (grrrrr, I'm not that old!). But they saw it more and more on younger men with overweight.

I was 121kg (266 pounds) on a length of 1,87m1 (6,14 foot). Off course I knew for a long time this was not a good thing for my health. But it was hard to get it right between the ears and do something about it. Being in that hospital for a week I made a commitment to myself and my family, "I am going to lose some weight".

My goal was being 100 kg (220 pounds). I started running, bicycling, and eat less. I told my friends I would not drink beer or alcohol until I reached my goal.

The sporting took a lot of time in the evenings, time that I could not spend on writing on my blog. It was just a matter of setting my goals right. I reached my goal in september 2010. Men did I have a ball with my friends that night. For the first time a good dutch beer (or two, three…..).
2010-12-20_gewicht

I know am 93 kg (205 pounds). When I was 100kg I changed my goal to 91kg. When I reach that I can say I lost 30kg (66 pounds).
richard dunner

I now have the courage to blog again. I'll keep on sporting so I think I lower my blogposts (one post every one or two weeks?) a bit. I just can't stop writing on my one favorite hobby: fountain pens, notebooks, journaling etc.

14 comments:

Woody said...

Congratulations - you look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Congratz... good to hear you will be posting again. Really love this Blog.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I've always loved your blog, especially your photos! It's good to see you posting again.

Also, a hearty congratulation on the weight loss!

JoniB said...

Congratulations! You look GREAT! More importantly, you inspire me to do the same.

Thank you!

Prototype_SR04 said...

I'm very proud of the committment you've made. I look forward to reading your posts once more :)

Brigitte said...

You look and you are awesome! Congrats! Keep it up. You can always keep an exercise log in a really nice paper journal. :)

Christina said...

Wow. That's quite an accomplishment. You look great. I'm a runner and am looking forward to your posts about pens along with tidbits about your running. I have a blog about running; feel free to stop by. www.lazybonesrunning.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the great weight loss - those photos tell all :)
Sad to hear of your illness, but great that tou will be back.

Keep on blogging!
Tony

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You look really good)
Best wishes and more posts!

Erin C. said...

Congratulations on making an important goal and reaching it! You look great and probably feel much better, too. Will enjoy reading your posts again (but not at the sacrifice of your sport time) :-)

Speedmaster said...

Congrats, great work!!!

soniahime said...

you look great!!! you can also post about how you keep healthy and fit, pepper them among the fountain pens posts :)

Yves Vande Weerdt said...

In French, félicitations ! ( Congratulations !)

It's a nice result, continue ! It's a pleasure to read you again.

Post a Comment